Get Well Soon!
Ugh, guys, I just recovered from a cold.
Twas like death, warmed up.
Last Wednesday morning, I suddenly awoke with a sore throat. Thought it was nothing. Went about my merry business. Was repeatedly slapped in the face and sent to bed with my tail between my legs for the better part of the next four days, clutching my aching head, rubbing my swollen lymph nodes, painfully swallowing and gargling with salt water. LAME.
I discovered the practical applications of Advil around day 2.5 and spent considerable mental effort thereafter adhering faithfully to the bottle regulations. I didn’t exceed 6 in 24 hours! It worked miracles. MIRACLES I SAY. When I called my mother to A) assure her I wasn’t dying and B) listen to her tell me I might have strep throat, she herself even proclaimed: “Advil is a great drug.”
There you have it people. Great drug.
Anywho, I just wanted to come on here and let loose my mouth on the subject of the common cold. My mother has versed me well in her cures for this mild affliction, and I would like to share my little bit of knowledge to try and help prevent you from feeling as bad as I was feeling. (I thought it would never, ever end!)
Feel Better Again..
- Start washing your hands, all the time. Use soap. Never touch doorknobs. Carry hand-sanitizer with you and use it before you eat finger food (aka all the food I eat). This is a preventative measure. Thumbs up.
- Tons of water/fluids
- Vitamin C and Echinacea every 4 hours
- Tons of sleep
- Zinc tablets for your immune system
- Gargle with salt water if you have a sore throat
- Citrus fruits (Vitamin C! Vitamin C!)
- Garlic & ginger as much as possible in your food
- Avoid dairy and meat (bad for immune system!)
- Don’t do any strenuous activities! Your body needs its energy to fight off the cold.
- Listen to your body and do what it says. Like sleep.
Alright, I feel that I’ve done my civic duty. Please don’t get sick you guys! It seriously sucks.
OFF TO WATCH GLEE!