Happy Birthday Laura!
Oh this is fun, highlighting my beautiful and wonderful friends throughout the summer. They are all incredible people and I’m so lucky to have them in my life.
Today it’s Laura’s time to shine!
Laura, Lala, La, Ladybug girl: whatever you want to call her, she’ll always be one of my best friends. For the last eight years we’ve done everything together, from swimming lessons to camp and most recently picking her sister up from the airport (which was a gigantic adventure in itself). We even survived living together as co-counsellors with the cabin from hell! That was hard. Anyways La, today is your special day and I hope it’s wonderful. Have fun at the spa and steakhouse, and we’ll celebrate later this week. xo.
Here are some of the reasons I love Laura:
- She’s one of the best writers I know.
- Her addiction is extremely bad television. It’s impossible to watch tv with her because she’s already seen everything, including the last episode of the Duggers.
- She crinkles up her nose when she laughs really hard. Actually she crinkles up her whole face. It’s cute. :)
- She drives her car like a cartoon policeman from the 1950’s. As in, she jiggles the steering wheel back and forth, not to steer but to…what? No idea.
- She nibbles at snacks like a chipmunk. She’ll slice of a tiny sliver of cake, walk away and eat it. Then nonchalantly come back and take another sliver. And another.
- She’s a voracious reader. She’s a speed-reader. She’s a great reader.
- She usually only uses her twitter account when she’s angry. It’s funny to read her tweets.
- She loves my dog more than she loves me! (a suspicion, only)
- Whenever I go to her house, her mom tries to stuff me with food (amazing).
- She sometimes sends me weekly news updates, since she reads the news daily and I read it..never.
- She’s a great planner and loves to plan out every detail of events. Yet she doesn’t have a Filofax…just kidding Laur. :)
- I can talk to her about almost anything, but we have some of our funniest conversations while intoxicated. And I remember them all.
- She’s wise, level-headed and generally logical. And sometimes she’s just wild and crazy! :)
- She always tells the funniest stories.
- I have amazing memories with her, that I wouldn’t change for any money.
Happy Birthday bestie. You’re 19 now! Congrats! You don’t need to come to Montreal anymore! But I hope you still do..
Have a wonderful day, you deserve it. Thanks for always being there for me. Love you!