Happy Birthday Isabelle!
Now, you’ll have to forgive me, because I was naughty and delayed from posting this on the true date of my dear Isabelle’s birthday. The day of, I was rushing around to Ikea, etc, the day after I was making her cupcakes and wrapping presents, and then yesterday my mum had guests over so I was frantically cleaning the house/cooking.
ISABELLE! Will you ever forgive me!?!!?!?
Anyways, even thought it’s belated, I’d like to celebrate her now.
Here are some reasons I love Isabelle:
- She is seemingly fearless. Nothing fazes her.
- She has the best vehicle spatial sense that I have ever seen! This girl can parallel park a Navigator. (not even exaggerating)
- She looks amazing, all the time. She’s always dressed up for her life. She’s totally glam! (When we were going to the cottage, she had a mini-breakdown because her black sweatpants wouldn’t match her brown sweatshirt. Ha!)
- Even though she always looks amazing and glamorous, she is not-so-secretly a gigantic nerd. (See: the time we went downtown in the pouring rain to admire Filofaxes or those three times, at band camp) I love her for it.
- She reads books! (all of my close friends read books. I feel that it is a subconscious criteria for me somehow.)
- She has excellent manners. She can socialize with the best of them. Parents are her specialty. :)
- She’s a very good sport, especially since we tease her often about being the princess of the group (this is debatable.. but either way she takes it like a champ!)
- She has. the most. wicked. shoes. at. all. times. Honestly! She’s like my little sisters Shoe Goddess or something like that.
- I adore her family: her gracious and hilarious Mum, her awesome and enthusiastic Dad, and her dry-witted but hilarious sister. Oh and the beautiful doggie!
- She is fiercely passionate about whatever she does, but can be her own harshest critic.
- She doesn’t like talking on the phone, but in person is a great conversationalist and we’ve had lots of great talks.
- She is very independent, and isn’t afraid to march out into the world and get or do what she wants. I love that about her.
- She’s very kind. She cares about how people will feel, and will go out of her way to do things for others. She’s generous with herself.
- She is the very best pep-talker in the whole world. Her pep-talks are incredible! Unbelieveable! I can’t count the times she’s encouraged me and egged me on and told me I can just ‘figure it out myself’! She’s so inspiring to everyone.
- Again, like with Kelcie, I have had so many amazing memories with Isabelle that I wouldn’t change for anything in the world.
I love you Isabelle! Thank you for inspiring me to live more and be scared less, for reading my blog religiously, for always being there for me and for always being yourself. You’re amazing, I hope you know that!