Done Like Dinner
It’s the end of first year!
Since I last posted, I’ve had the most simultaneously wonderful and terrible couple of days.
1. Finished my last exam!
2. Dinner @ Lola Rosa with my mom & friends.
3. Strolled around the student ghetto, looking for apartments.
4. Explored Old Port.
5. Ate at a fancy French restaurant for lunch.
6. Saw some beautiful stores.
7. Ate @ Aux Vivres, a delicious vegan restaurant.
8. Danced the night away!
1. Packing up my room and leaving rez, and saying goodbye to all my friends. Enough said.
So, I’m back at home. It took one long drive, that I slept for most of, waking only for Subway and pit stops. I unpacked the whole car (I have way, WAY too much stuff), had a shower and settled in to the realization that I have no studying to do! I have no homework, no commitments. I am taking a big, deep breath for a few days before I start looking for a job, I am so exhausted. I miss all of my friends from rez immeasurably and I will be keeping in touch with them over the summer.
My time in residence was one of the best years of my life. It was hard, scary and confusing; it was wonderful, hilarious and awesome. I can’t wait to spend three more years (and lifetimes besides) with these amazing people that I’ve met this year. You know who you are my lovelies. I would be nothing without you and your support. Thanks for an awesome year. McConnell 2009-2010!