Okay, I know it’s not quite summer yet, but that doesn’t stop me from being optimistic. After all, I just wrote my 90% calculus final, to moderate success. I say moderate success, but I really have no idea how I did. What I mean is that I didn’t start crying or throwing up upon opening the exam = success! And, from what I’ve heard of others, everyone thought it was insanely hard. So hopefully we’re all in this together! It’s such a weight off my shoulders too, that was my most stressful exam, only three more!
But I’m thinking about summer a lot too. I have a lot of plans for the summer, and I’m so excited to make the most of my spare time and start all sorts of new projects. Here are a few of my ideas:
My Summer Projects
- Take up yoga. After reading about Kris Carr’s amazing story over at CrazySexyLife , I was completely inspired to start trying to make myself healthier before getting sick. Just the idea that she could heal her body through exercise and nutrition, from the scariest of all diseases, is incredible. I was motivated to finally take up yoga like I’ve always wanted to. The videos are downloaded on my computer, and I’ve been practicing during study breaks. I’m hoping to make it a routine this summer.
- Go vegan. Personally, my reasons for vegetarianism indicate wholeheartedly that I should be a vegan. I have been thinking about making the change, but obviously in this stressful exam time I am not prepared to monitor my health at the same time. I would like to do a little more research, and then commit. Luckily I have the support of my vegan-flirting mummy, and hopefully we can discover new foods and recipes along the way. Which leads me to my next project..
- Learn to cook. I have oodles of cookbooks: Food Network’s ‘How to Boil Water’ (amazing cookbook for beginners), PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook (so simple, all you need is a microwave!), Vegan Planet, and one big kitchen basics cookbook that I forget the name of, as well as back issues of Rachel Ray magazine and my mother’s expertise. I have a full arsenal of tools that I can make the most of, and I intend to. I am forcing my mother to force me to cook at least three times a week. That oughta get me going. :)
- Improve my photography. I am thinking of investing in my very first DSLR this summer, with the help of my hobbyist photographer Daddy and lots of Christmas money. I am going to force myself to read the photography books I’ve stolen from Dad, and make myself bring my camera absolutely everywhere. I’m also going to borrow his Nikon film camera, and play around with non-digital photography. I’m excited!
- Travel as much as possible.
- Tend a vegetable garden with my mom.
- Start my vegetarian ambassadorship.
- Get into a sleep schedule.
- Blog more!
- Read as many classic novels I as possibly can.
What are some of your summer projects or plans?
My Summer Wishlists
Jessica Simpson Clonise at Zappos.com, $79
Bandolino Ubetcha at Zappos.com, $69
Blue Sumatra Vegan Classics
Rockport Go Flat Washable Sattel at Zappos.com, $50
Forever21.com – Shoes – Casual – 2073644433, $20
Pretty Wrap Dress, $90
Rouched Tube Dress by Rare**, $78
American Eagle AE Women’s Print Drop Waist Dress Navy Print, $35
Gap Mixed print dress, $40
Bow Front Silk Dress, $36
What are you guys planning on doing/eating/wearing/buying this summer?