Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows
Good morning! Well, good afternoon, but since I only woke up about an hour and a half ago, it feels like my day’s just beginning. I’ll post again this evening because I’m getting bloggy-restless, but for now let me just post quickly on my new favourite thing evaahhh.
Telephone by Lady Gaga ft. Beyoncé.
Let me tell you what I love and hate about this video. I feel some sort of strong need to defend it, because a) I adore Lady Gaga and everything she touches, basically, b) I love the video (mostly) and c) lots of people hate it. I’m not trying to change their minds (okay, I am) I just feel like supporting the video!
What I love:
- The font of the opening titles
- Lady Gaga’s pre-prison prison-like clothes
- The way Gaga hands her sunglasses to the prison guard and the guard takes them, proving Gaga is hot shit and in control of this situation..
- Her x’d out nipples, and the dick comment
- Her chained outfit when she’s in the yard
- Her awesome dance after hanging up on Beyoncé that looks more like boxing
- Her shade of lipstick
- The pop cans in her hair!
- Studded-underpants dance
- Omg. I love the caution tape outfit.
- Her yellow-tipped hair & outfit
- BEYONCE’S TOTAL FIERCENESS
- ‘Mmhmm Honey B’
- The Pussy Wagon
- The sound the leather makes as she takes off her glasses
- Let’s Make a Sandwich dance
- All-American Dance
- Most all of the incredible clothes
- Beyoncé’s funny spaz sequence
- Beyoncé’s black lipstick
- The awesome subtitles
- Beyoncé’s yellow dress
What I hate:
- Lady Gaga in animal print unitard…
- Beyoncé’s bangs. I’m sorry, I can’t do it. I don’t like them.
- So much product placement! Distracting..
- The lit-cigarette sunglasses. I mean, they’re creative and make a statement, but strange. I’m surprised they didn’t burn the girl kissing her.
- The girl-catfight. I hate watching girls fight.
- The security camera footage. I guess it added another extra aspect to the video, but I didn’t like it.
- The weird witchy costumes at the end. I can’t decide if I like them. I don’t think I do. :)
Arghh all in all it’s an incredible video. It’s more than a music video, it’s more like performance art. I love Lady Gaga so much. This video tells a story replete with amazing costumes and dancing and awesomeness. I am so happy there’s a “To be continued” sign at the end. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for another amazing Beyoncé – Lady Gaga collaboration.
Edit: check out this awesome, and not so superficial discussion of the video!