101 in 1001
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
This list is to give me some purpose, to make certain things habits: things I always think about implementing into my life and never get around to. I don’t intend to beat myself up over it if I don’t accomplish everything on here, no regrets, right? It will just be a guideline, a motivation for me to live my best life. I’ll make a point of tracking my progress on my blog as well as writing about it. I’m starting on the 22nd because that’s when I leave for school, and start my new life.
Start Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009.
End Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012.
01. Get a tattoo which is meaningful to me.
02. Donate blood at least once every six months.
03. Increase my shoe collection to ten pairs.
04. Drink 1L of water every day.
05. Lose 5-10 pounds and maintain that weight.
06. Exercise twice a week, even if it’s just a walk.
07. Moisturize! After every shower.
08. Stretch every weekday night before bed.
09. Get one massage a year. Do it!
10. Don’t drink pop except when at a restaurant (only Sprite..Coke sucks anus)
11. Get to bed every weekday night before 1AM at the latest (with exceptions for big assignments and only during school nights)
12. Drink responsibly & with water in between..no hangovers.
13. Get one manicure every six months. That means growing out your nails.
14. Take typing classes online to learn how to type more efficiently.
15. Go rock-climbing twice.
16. Take a yoga or step class.
17. Dance every single day.
19. Remain a vegetarian/organic meat eater.
20. Try one new restaurant a month.
21. Try to get a daily dose of hugs.
22. Take a ballroom dancing/salsa dancing class.
23. Cook for myself once a week.
24. Go horseback riding.
25. Write either a blog post or a one page journal entry every day.
26. Read one non-school related book every month.
27. Write one letter a week.
28. Buy small Sudoku/crossword book or app, and use as much as possible.
29. Learn how to do basic mental math by practicing often.
31. Be an active member of two clubs associated with my school.
32. Become involved in a research project.
33. Spend a semester abroad.
34. Learn to drive stick-shift.
35. Buy and read the Saturday paper every week.
36. Learn one really good card trick.
37. Read three biographies of amazing individuals: Einstein to start.
38. Learn to and play strip poker with good friends.
39. Go to one movie alone every two months.
40. Save 7$ a week into an account strictly for travel.
41. Learn two songs by heart on the piano & guitar.
42. Speak French every day.
43. Start writing a novel.
44. Start writing a play.
45. Join or start a book club.
46. Join the theatre group at my school.
47. Write down a memory a day.
48. Write one letter a year on futureme.
49. Keep an ongoing list/journal of things that made me smile.
50. Take cooking classes or art classes.
51. Volunteer every year.
52. Always get Free Hugs when people are giving them.
53. Fall in love.
54. Throw a surprise party.
55. Skinny dip once a year.
56. Schedule Skype dates with my loved ones.
57. Email special people at least once a month.
58. Work at a kissing booth once.
59. Love my body.
60. Sleep under the stars.
61. Pick up trash once a year.
62. Spend 10 minutes a day on freerice.com
63. Buy one lottery ticket every year for my mom.
64. Loan money on Kiva.
65. Keep a dream journal.
66. Have my palm read.
67. Go geocaching.
68. Do one thing a month that scares me and keep a log of them.
69. Go for a picnic at least once a year.
70. Make a smile my default expression.
71. Take a self defense class.
72. Go on a solo date once a month.
73. Learn to change a flat tire.
74. Watch one classic movie a month.
75. Always recycle.
76. Do a 7-day detox once a year.
77. Laugh every single day.
78. Host a Christmas party.
79. Don’t hold grudges.
80. Take care of a plant.
81. Go camping once a year.
82. Watch the sunset or sunrise once a year.
83. Try one new restaurant a month.
84. Spend time outside every day.
85. Go see a play once every couple months.
86. Spend a day taking pictures.
87. Attend a fashion show.
88. Take a photography class.
89. Have a tea party.
90. Have a breakfast party.
91. Go to a poetry reading.
92. Travel once a year.
93. Take a roadtrip.
94. Learn about religion and discover my own spirituality.
95. Collect as much art, books and movies as my budget can afford.
96. Be the best friend possible.
97. Make a list of things I love about myself.
98. Always go with my gut.
99. Never forget my family and friends’ birthdays.
100. Blog about my success with this list.
101. Make another 101/1001 list.