Shopping Day One
As on What Not To Wear (one of my all time fave shows..!) we have broken down my back to school shopping into days. It will probably take around three days, just like the show, so isn’t that spectacular! :) Today began around 10:30 AM for me. I woke up, had strawberries and orange juice, and a chocolate instant breakfast, how terrible. Here’s what I accomplished today:
- Drove to the Ministry of Health Office to change my OHIP information (basically to put a glorified note on my file, saying that I’ll be out of province). Unfortunately, apparently everyone needs to get something relating to health cards/OHIP changed every single day, so it is always busy there. At peak hours, you have about an hour wait time. So I took a number and got out of there.
- Walked over to the photography store where they have a printing kiosk. I printed fifteen pictures of my friends, family and I to put up in my room. Yay!
- Drove to the bank, applied for my very first credit card (!) and notified the bank I’ll be operating out of Montreal for the next four years (or the majority of them). The lady helping me out with my credit card was just that, very helpful. I am really excited to get it in the mail, and start using that baby!
- Drove back to the Health office, waited for about ten minutes, was out of there quite quickly.
- Drove over to HMV, spent quite a while there debating the various deals..can anyone that works at HMV tell me..do you guys purposely only put a couple good movies in each price point so that nobody can really find a good deal of two good movies? I’d have one movie I’d want that was a 2/20, and one that was a 2/25. It was terrible! The selection within the price points was so stressful. Eventually I just gave up trying. I bought the Michael Jackson Number Ones and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I was pleased and I had seven dollars on a gift card which was a pleasant surprise. Yay!
- Drove to Laura’s, had a snack of some peach juice, chips and grapes, said hi to her mom, we headed out for our favourite bookstore. I had a $40 credit note, for selling some books to him, and got quite a few books for that 40. I got my own copy of The Glass Castle, The Poisonwood Bible, Against the Day, Eats Shoots and Leaves and The World Without Us.
- Drove back, borrowed two of Laura’s movies to attempt to burn via Handbrake (sex in the City and She’s The Man
- Came home, tried to work on my 101/1001 list
- Mom came home, we decided not to go to Ikea tonight.
- Went to Costco instead, buying (among other things) cashews, popcorn, hot chocolate, yoga pants, razor blades.
- Went home, had sashimi and avocado on crackers as a snack, got changed
- Went to Zellers for toiletries, bought (among other things) shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a loofah, a blush brush, exfoliant, polysporin, bandaids, bobby pins, toothpaste, blah blah blah. Got a lovely and unexpected call from my dearest Mike, who is living currently just outside of Timmins. Working as a nature guide. For children. We talked for a couple minutes before I had to go. I had just written him a letter yesterday and mailed in (along with my lease) this morning. So it felt like I had just spoken with him.
- Went to Paradiso restaurant for dinner. I had a gift voucher I won in a raffle for two entrees, under $20. I didn’t realize we would be, but we were hardpressed to find an entree under 20. It is expensive there! We each had a glass of sangria and split a cheesy bruschetta with pesto. I had chevre-stuffed ravioli with crab meat and a cream sauce, and Mom had a Moroccan chicken supreme with roasted potatoes and wilted spinach. Both were excellent. Then we had the trio of creme brulees..a lemon, a lime and an orange. Orange was not the greatest but I really enjoyed the lime. Also for this meal we were literally right across from the kitchen and could see everything that was going on, which was pretty cool. We talked about me going to school, the fundraiser my mom is helping to plan, our family, my friends, everything really. It was very nice.
- Came home and took Jasper for a quick walk, which he seemed to really enjoy.
- Came upstairs, turned on the computer..there was some weird battery glitch, my power bar must have turned off while we were out because my computer was dead. Ah well..
So that was the day. Remarkably productive. I also managed to squeeze in booking a doctor’s appointment as well without being put on hold. Wonderful! Now if only I had as much to do tomorrow. I don’t, but almost. Which is good. I like to be kept busy. Now I’m going to go keep working on my 101/1001 list, which I plan to start the day I leave for University. New chapter of my life, new goals.